While appointed, an ALMA Agent will...
- When instructed, transfer the utility service accounts (gas, electricity, water, council tax) into the tenant's name for the duration of the tenancy.
- Compile an inventory of any furniture or other items provided for the tenant's use, together with a schedule of condition of the property, to be agreed with the tenant at the start of the tenancy.
- Collect rent payments and send a clear statement of account to you on a monthly basis, or as otherwise agreed. Maintain a separate account for the holding of rents and other client monies, together with proper records.
- Monitor the tenant's rent payments and take all reasonable action to secure regular payments of rent, if necessary.
- Make inspection visits to the property, as required, during the tenancy, offering recommendations on keeping the property up to standard.
- Maintain the property during the tenancy and agree on an expenditure limit with you. Refer any other expenditure for your approval.
- Ensure that a current Gas Safety Certificate is in force throughout the tenancy and a copy of the certificate is given to the tenant as required by law.
- Ensure that you are compliant in terms of the Rent Smart Wales scheme and keeping your property correctly registered on their system.