- Hold an Agent License in conjunction with Rent Smart Wales
Which also means:
- Hold Professional Indemnity Insurance.
In addition, members must abide by the forum’s code of ethics, provide certificates of which tenancy deposit scheme they are using, retain a separate account for rents and deposits, retain an appropriate policy of bonding insurance which fully protects client money held and have an internal complaints procedure. It is also best practice to be a member of a national association such as ARLA, NAEA, NALS or RICS.
What are the benefits of being an ALMA agent?
- The ALMA forum provides a platform for member agents to meet and discuss local letting issues, receive professional learning and development opportunities and form a relationship with external bodies such as Cardiff Council and Cardiff University.
- We are often consulted on certain letting matters and asked to provide our opinions and feedback.
- In addition, the ALMA website provides landlord and tenant leads to members agents.